Opening pathways to the self
through the body, breath, voice, and
intention in the
* Sharpen your craft~ sign up now to join me for the Winter Session at the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre! Offerings include:
Beginning/Intermediate Acting (Adults) 1/29- 3/4
Voice for Performance: On the Stage and in Daily Life (Adults) 2/26- 3/25
Improvisation (teens) 2/18- 3/17
* What a delight to serve as a voice and text coach for African-American Shakespeare Company's upcoming production of Othello, opening October 12th!
* It's a busy summer at Berkeley Rep teaching the High School Summer Theatre Intensive and Adult Acting (sign up here!).
* Understudying Margaret d'Anjou/ Queen Margaret for Cal Shakes' War of the Roses from William Shakespeare's Henry VI trilogy and Richard III, running August 23- Sept 15 2018.
"Miriam Ani's presentation of [The Crucible] is a seat for our times at the thoughtful brink of a cliff."
© Bella Tapia
"...director Miriam Ani has [... ] a real understanding of how to shake an audience up with a story that we think we know..."
"...deeply well done..."
-The Pacifica Tribune
"The remarkable Ani is perfection in the crucial role of Catherine... this is really Ani's show."
"Miriam Ani delivers an incredible performance as Catherine Sloper."
- Broadway World
"Miriam Nehama Ani as Catherine Sloper will literally blow you away... As the play unfolds, we see a transformation unlike any I have ever seen. Multifaceted, and layered in attitude, tone, psychology, Ani's whole being takes us, the audience, on a very personal, and at times painful, journey... I have never been taken that close to a character's soul."
- Peter Bliznick, Executive Director, Palo Alto Players
* Joined the Westons as Karen in August: Osage County with Novato Theater Company which ran May 18th- June 4th, 2017. TBA Recommended Production.
* Played Irina in Three Sisters at Douglas Morrison Theatre in Hayward Feb- March 2015.
* Makes her Bay Area theatre debut as Catherine Sloper in The Heiress at Palo Alto Players, Jan- Feb 2014.
yoga class schedule
upcoming guest teaching dates:
sun 1/5 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sun 12/15 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 11/30 9:30am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
wed 11/27 6:00pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 11/23 9:30am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
mon 11/4 7:15pm vin + yin yoga tree telegraph
wed 10/30 6:15pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
mon 10/28 6:15pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 8/31 9:30am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
mon 8/19 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 8/17 9:30am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 7/27 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 7/20 3pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sun 7/14 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 7/13 9:30am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
fri 7/5 4:45pm restorative the hills
ues 7/2 9:00am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sun 6/30 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sat 6/29 9:30am vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
fri 6/28 4:45pm restorative the hills
tues 6/25 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
mon 6/24 4:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
sun 6/23 12:30pm vinyasa yoga tree telegraph
thurs 6/20 12:15pm gentle hatha yoga tree valencia
thurs 6/13 4:30pm hatha yoga the hills
so we might as well make the most of it.
it's easy to get stuck in the daily mire
but self evolution is what it's all about.
the inquiry into who we could be
who we already are.
finding new ways of being
is just about expanding your palette
even when trying more
is actually about trying less.
it's not therapy
but it's close.