Opening pathways to the self
through the body, breath, voice, and
intention in the
with the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre
Thursdays · 1-3PM PST (4PM EST) · 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3
Free your voice, release tension, and expand your unique range,
to truly penetrate to the heart of every listener.
In addition to the regular curriculum, we will investigate:
· how to approach better clarity in voice and speech when your voice is your primary tool
· how to stay grounded and feel your voice when talking to a screen
· how to maintain connection and eye contact even digitally
· how to combat “Zoom fatigue”
Talking Peace is a witty, incisive play asking thorny questions about race and sisterhood in these turbulent times...
** Weekly LIVESTREAM YOGA with the Ojas Virtual Studio
a grounding and centering practice right to your home mat!
flow & meditate · Wednesday 10AM PST (1PM EST)
flow & RESTORE · Friday 4:30PM PST (7:30PM EST)
(zoom link will be emailed)
Drop in starts at $8. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Please buy full price if you are able to give ❤️
~ More info & reserve tickets at ~ www.togetherlafestival.com
news & updates
"The remarkable Ani is perfection in the crucial role of Catherine... this is really Ani's show."
"Miriam Ani delivers an incredible performance as Catherine Sloper."
- Broadway World
"Miriam Nehama Ani as Catherine Sloper will literally blow you away... As the play unfolds, we see a transformation unlike any I have ever seen. Multifaceted, and layered in attitude, tone, psychology, Ani's whole being takes us, the audience, on a very personal, and at times painful, journey... I have never been taken that close to a character's soul."
- Peter Bliznick, Executive Director, Palo Alto Players
* Happy NEW! Sharpen your craft for 2020~ sign up now to join me for the Winter & Spring Sessions at the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre! Offerings include:
Beginning/Intermediate Acting (Adults) 1/29- 3/4
Voice for Performance: On the Stage and in Daily Life (Adults) 2/26- 3/25 AND 4/16- 5/14
Improvisation (teens) 2/18- 3/17
* What a delight to serve as a voice and text coach for African-American Shakespeare Company's upcoming production of Othello, opening October 12, 2019!
* It's a busy summer at Berkeley Rep teaching the High School Summer Theatre Intensive and Adult Acting (sign up here!).
* Understudying Margaret d'Anjou/ Queen Margaret for Cal Shakes' War of the Roses from William Shakespeare's Henry VI trilogy and Richard III, running August 23- Sept 15 2018.
"Miriam Ani's presentation of [The Crucible] is a seat for our times at the thoughtful brink of a cliff."
"...director Miriam Ani has [... ] a real understanding of how to shake an audience up with a story that we think we know..."
"...deeply well done..."
-The Pacifica Tribune
© Bella Tapia
* Joined the Westons as Karen in August: Osage County with Novato Theater Company which ran May 18th- June 4th, 2017. TBA Recommended Production.
* Played Irina in Three Sisters at Douglas Morrison Theatre in Hayward Feb- March 2015.
* Makes her Bay Area theatre debut as Catherine Sloper in The Heiress at Palo Alto Players, Jan- Feb 2014.
yoga class schedule
mon 1-2pm hatha yoga hills ONLINE
thurs 10:30-11:30am hatha yoga hills ONLINE
fri 4:30- 5:45pm flow & RESTORE ojas ONLINE
so we might as well make the most of it.
it's easy to get stuck in the daily mire
but self evolution is what it's all about.
the inquiry into who we could be
who we already are.
finding new ways of being
is just about expanding your palette
even when trying more
is actually about trying less.
it's not therapy
but it's close.