Opening pathways to the self
through the body, breath, voice, and
intention in the
news & updates
Reading Series: family trauma, ex drama,
racial politics, & puppets... o my!
Support this intricate new work on May 15th.
UPDATE! Second Development Reading
scheduled for Sunday, December 11th at 2pm!
* Delighted to step into the cast of Lynn
Nottage's gorgeous Intimate Apparel
playing Mrs. Van Buren starting April
...see you at The Magic!
* And we're back! Thrilled to be joining the faculty at The Actors Conservatory at Las Positas
College and be teaching Shakespeare through Performance, Voice, and Advanced Acting
beginning Fall 2021.
"The remarkable Ani is perfection in the crucial role of Catherine... this is really Ani's show."
"Miriam Ani delivers an incredible performance as Catherine Sloper."
- Broadway World
"Miriam Nehama Ani as Catherine Sloper will literally blow you away... As the play unfolds, we see a transformation unlike any I have ever seen. Multifaceted, and layered in attitude, tone, psychology, Ani's whole being takes us, the audience, on a very personal, and at times painful, journey... I have never been taken that close to a character's soul."
- Peter Bliznick, Executive Director, Palo Alto Players
* Voice for Performance: On the Stage and in Daily Life ONLINE with the Berkeley Rep
School of Theatre is Thursdays 1-3PM PST (4PM EST) 10/22- 12/3/2020.
* Over the moon to make
some timely art this season,
working alongside these
original for Together
so we might as well make the most of it.
it's easy to get stuck in the daily mire
but self evolution is what it's all about.
the inquiry into who we could be
who we already are.
finding new ways of being
is just about expanding your palette
even when trying more
is actually about trying less.
it's not therapy
but it's close.
* Happy NEW! Sharpen your craft for 2020~ sign up now to join me for the Winter & Spring Sessions at the Berkeley Rep School of Theatre!
Beginning/Intermediate Acting (Adults) 1/29- 3/4
Voice for Performance: On the Stage and in Daily Life (Adults) 2/26- 3/25 AND 4/16- 5/14
Improvisation (teens) 2/18- 3/17
* What a joy to serve as a voice and text coach for
African-American Shakespeare Company's upcoming
production of Othello, opening October 12, 2019!
Festival's The Comedy of Errors playing
through April 2019.
* Delighted to join the Lorraine Hansberry
Theatre with the world premiere of The Urban
* Understudying Margaret d'Anjou/ Queen Margaret
Henry VI trilogy and Richard III, running August 23- Sept 15, 2018.
"Miriam Ani's presentation of [The Crucible] is a seat for our times at the thoughtful brink of a cliff..."
© Bella Tapia
"...director Miriam Ani has [... ] a real understanding of how to shake an audience up with a story that we think we know..."
"...deeply well done..."
-The Pacifica Tribune
* Joined the Westons as Karen in August: Osage County
with Novato Theater Company which ran May 18th-
June 4th, 2017. TBA Recommended Production.
* 2016 was a very villainous summer of Shakespeare...
First off as Sébastienne in Livermore Shakespeare
Festival's The Tempest, and then as Lady Macbeth with
* Summer 2015 visited STAGEStheatre in LA originating the
lead in the West Coast Premiere of Jim Knable's marvelous
new play Green Man.
* Makes her Bay Area theatre debut as Catherine Sloper
in The Heiress at Palo Alto Players, Jan- Feb 2014.